Before you start
If you are already on campus, using Wireless, ResNet, Docking or an internal university machine then skip to #Connecting to the Remote Machine.
Connecting to the Remote Machine
Once you have configured your connection, you are ready to connect.
Run the Terminal Server Client (Applications->Internet->Terminal Server Client in ubuntu and Fedora Core, or tsclient from the command line). The following window should appear:
- If you set up an SSH tunnel, then under Computer enter localhost
- If you are using VPN or connecting directly then under Computer enter the host name of the machine you wish to connect to (i.e. terms.campus.bath.ac.uk).
- Under protocol enter RDPv5 (for windows 2003/Vista machines)
- Under username enter the user name to use to log on to the remote machine (i.e. your BUCS username)
- Leave password blank (you will be prompted for a password after you have connected)
- If you wish to change the display settings (Screen resolution, colour depth etc) click on the Display tab and change the setttings.
- If you want sounds on the remote machine to be played on your local machine, click on the Local Resources tab and change the sound settings.
- Finally, to connect click the Connect button.