The Faculty Executive Committee is chaired by the Dean of Science. This monthly meeting of Science Heads of Department, Associate Deans and other key personnel in the Faculty of Science takes place from September to July.
It has been agreed, under the Freedom of Information Act, that minutes of these meetings are not posted on the web, due to the nature of the business transacted.
Secretary to the Committee: If you would like further information about the Executive Committee for the Faculty of Science, please contact Emma Perry (ext 4592, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Professor D M Bird
Heads of Departments in the Faculty:
Professor R Scott
Department of Biology & Biochemistry
|Professor C Frost|
Department of Chemistry
Professor E O'Neill
|Department of Computer Science|
Professor C Jennison (until 31/1/15) & Professor P Mörters (from 1/2/16)
|Department of Mathematical Sciences|
Professor S Ward
Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology
Professor S Bending
Department of Physics
Professor Chick Wilson
Associate Dean (Research)
Dr A Hayes
Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching)
Professor S Wonnacott
Associate Dean (Graduate Studies)
|Dr S Roser||Head of Natural Sciences Programmes|
Ms Amanda Harper
Director of Administration
Mr Malcolm Holley
Faculty Technical Manager
Terms of Reference
To advise the Dean on:
(1) the development of strategy and policy at school/ faculty level in relation to learning, teaching, research and enterprise and its implementation.
(2) preparation of the faculty's annual plan (including financial projections and risk register) for submission as required by the University's annual planning process.
(3) monitoring and review of the performance and activities of the faculty in relation to learning, teaching, research and enterprise.
(4) Monitoring performance against the annual plan, with provision made for the Faculty Accountant to attend meetings for relevant items.
(5) management, operation and resourcing issues within the faculty, including staffing matters (such as academic staff progression) and resource requirements (such as space allocation, equipment and staffing).
(6) any other relevant matters relating to the faculty.
Monday 14 September 2015
Tuesday 13 October 2015
Tuesday 10 November 2015
Tuesday 8 December 2015 (or Mon 7 Dec)
Tuesday 12 January 2016
Tuesday 9 February 2016
Tuesday 8 March 2016
Tuesday 12 April 2016
Tuesday 10 May 2016
Monday 13 June 2016
Tuesday 12 July 2016
Monday 12 September 2016
No open minutes