Deleting individual posts
- You can delete individual posts by clicking on the post and then clicking on Delete.
- Students are able to delete their own posts, staff are able to delete their own posts and those of other participants.
Deleting all forum posts in the Moodle unit
To delete multiple posts you can use the Reset function.
Note - this will delete ALL posts from ALL fora on the course. Before doing this, it is recommended that you back up a copy of these fora for future reference as a precaution. See the FAQ on 'Back up and restore'. link
- Click on Reset in the Settings block.
- In the Forums section tick to Delete all posts.
- Then click on Reset course at the bottom.
- There is also the option to Delete posts from a particular type of forum e.g. just posts from any News forum.
Deleting all posts in one forum
If you just want to delete posts from just one specfic forum then it is probably quickest just to delete the forum and then re-create it.
Again, it is recommended that you back up a copy of this forum before you delete it. See the FAQ on 'Back up and restore'. link
- Turn editing on.
- Click on the red Delete icon to the right of the forum's name.
- Click on OK when you are asked if you are sure you want to delete.