Enabling Turnitin submission on an Assignment activity
Assignments submitted to Moodle can, in turn, be submitted to Turnitin. It is important to note however, that this functionality must be enabled at the time of setting up the relevant Assignment activity.
If Turnitin functionality is (only) enabled after the first assignment submission has been made, not all submissions will be sent to Turnitin. Similarly, if Turnitin settings are amended following the first submission, some assignments may return an error (e.g. 127, 204, 206). It is important therefore not to amend such settings if at all possible.
Please note that the Available from and Due Dates fields must not be disabled and must be set. If these fields are disabled, the Turnitin integration will not function correctly.
- The maximum file size that can be submitted to Turnitin is 20mb, so please make sure the relevant field on this page matches this figure (or is lower).
- Scrolling down the relevant page, you will see a range of options relating to Turnitin specifically - these are displayed below.
- To enable the Turnitin related options, you must change the dropdown for Enable Turnitin from No to Yes. This will remove the greyed out nature of the drop down boxes below this option.
- The options outlined in the image above indicate some recommended settings, but these can be changed at the discretion of the person setting up the Assignment activity.
- When you have selected options as desired, scroll to the bottom of the page and press Save and return to course.