Please note that only someone with Teacher permissions within a given course can add additional blocks to it.
You will first need to insert the Remote RSS feeds block into the your Moodle course.
- In the Settings block, locate and enable the Turn editing on function
- The Add a block block will open on the right hand side of the screen
- Press the triangle icon to see a list of the available blocks within a drop down menu
- Select preferred block from the drop down menu; in this case, Remote RSS feeds (as below)
- Once you have added the block, it will appear in your course. Click the update/edit icon within the block to configure it (as below)
- In Block Settings, click the Add/edit feeds link next to the Choose the feeds which you would like to make available in this block: option
- Scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Add a new feed button.
- In the Feed URL box which appears (as above), enter one of two URLs. In both cases, you should replace xxxxx with the username or search term (with the @ or #).
- Click Add a new feed
- Locate the RSS feed that you have added and make a note of its name (as below)
- Once you have done this, return to the home page for your Moodle course by clicking on the course short name in the Navigation block.
- Click the update/edit icon within the block to configure it
- On the subsequent page, select options as appropriate in the Block settings box.
- The feed you added in step 2 should appear in list of feeds displayed in the Choose the feeds which you would like to make available in this block: box (as below)
- Select as appropriate and click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
- Your feed should now appear in the Remote RSS feeds block within your Moodle course.