To insert URLs (or links) into your Moodle course,
- From the relevant course, locate the Administration block and then Turn editing on
- Within the relevant topic, click Add an activity or resource to display the Activity Chooser
- From within the Resources section, select URL and click Add (as below)
The page that opens contains a number of settings. For the purposes of these instructions, the common settings will be covered.
- Enter a Name for the URL. This is the text that will be displayed to students within the course area
- Insert an External URL in the relevant field. For example, to link to Google, the URL would be http://www.google.com
- Within the Appearing menu, select one of the Display types as described below.
Automatic - The best display option for the URL is selected automatically
Embed - The URL is displayed within the page below the navigation bar together with the URL description and any blocks
Open - Only the URL is displayed in the browser window
In pop-up - The URL is displayed in a new browser window without menus or an address bar
- Scroll down the page and press one of the Save buttons.