When a cohort mapping reaches its end date, it will expire and be removed from the Moodle course (along with the relevant students).
In order to minimise disruption to students, it's always a good idea to check the unenrolment dates for the cohort are set to your specific requirements in advance of the mapping expiring.
- Locate the SAMIS Integration block and press the Manage Mappings link
At this point, a new window will open up. This window will display a list of all of the courses that you have Teacher access to.
- Find the course from which you wish to remove a cohort (if you have many courses, you may wish to use the Search facility to help you locate the relevant one).
- Identify the course to which you wish to remove cohorts, and expand the reference to it by pressing the expand icon.
In the example shown above, there are default mappings only (an automatically created and applied mapping) but it is possible to have a user defined mapping (manually created).
- In either case, it is possible to change the un-enrolment method to Specified unenrolment before modifying the relevant date - remembering to also press the Save Changes button.
- In the case of the user defined mapping, there is the additional option of selecting a Manual un-enrolment method (enabling the cohort to be retained in the course indefinitely - or until the Remove Cohort button is pressed), before also pressing the Save Changes button.
- Such mappings synchronise with SAMIS on a nightly basis - Sunday to Thursday inclusive.
- To synchronise all cohort mappings for the Moodle course with SAMIS immediately, you should press the Sync Course button.
To view all enrolled users including their unenrolment conditions, press the View Enrolled Users button.