You must enable a setting within the Gradebook of your Moodle to ensure that the anonymity functionality is enabled correctly. To do this,
- Click on the Grades link which is located within the Administration block of your Moodle course, as shown below.
- On the subsequent page, ensure that the link Grader Report is emboldened in the Administration block. If it is not, click on it to ensure that it is.
- Next, click on the Turn Editing On button in the top right hand corner which should enable the display of a range of editing icons that you will have seen elsewhere in Moodle.
- As indicated by the red box below, click on the cog icon at the top of the column of the assignment that you have just created.
- On the following page, and in the section entitled Grade item, ensure that the box labelled Hidden has been ticked.
- Once you have done this, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes.
- The Assignment activity that you have just created is now ready for anonymous marking of submitted work.
Next: Step 3: Confirming anonymous marking has been enabled