The more files that are uploaded to a Moodle course, the further a user may need to scroll vertically. In some instances it may be preferable to present related materials in a folder in order to reduce clutter on the page and to make it easier to navigate.
The process for creating a folder is similar to that for uploading a file.
- From the relevant course, Turn editing on.
- Click on Add an activity or resource in the relevant topic
- Select Folder from the Resources section in Activity Chooser.
- Enter a Name. This is the name that will be displayed to students within the course area
- Files can be displayed either On a separate page or Inline on a course page, so be sure to make the appropriate selection.
- Scroll down the page and press the Save and return to course button