Why not set up your Moodle Gradebook so that it accurately reflects the assessment elements in your unit. This will enable the export of all the unit grades and course total into an easy-to-read Excel format at the end of the study period ready for input to SAMIS.
To see the current grades aggregation:
- Click on Grades in the Settings block to view the Grader Report.
- When the report is open, from the Settings Block or the dropdown menu at the top of the page, click on Gradebook setup
- A course total will show the current grades aggregation. The default is 'Simple weighted mean of grades'.
To create a new category:
- Click on Add a category (at the bottom of the page).
- Enter the required fields and select the aggregation required from the drop down list. (Note: the category name will be displayed to students in their individual grade reports so it would be advisable to include the weighting in the category name by way of explanation e.g. `Assignments – 75% of total`).
- Save changes at the bottom of the page.
To move items into a new category:
- Select the downward arrow in the column on the right.
- Choose the category where the items need to be moved.
- Repeat both these steps for the second category.
- Save changes
To weight categories:
- In the Aggregation column (for the overall unit category) select Weighted mean of grades from the dropdown list for the entire course.
- A new column labelled Weight will appear, add the weightings for each category (0.75 and 0.25) and Save changes.
To view and export the grades:
- To return to the Grader report: use the dropdown list at the top of the page
- Make sure you Turn editing off.
- To view how students will see their assessment grades: click on View: User report from the dropdown list (at the top of the page) or from the Settings block.
To check an individual student's grade report:
- Click on Grades in the Setting block to go to the Grader report.
- Select User Report from the dropdown list at the top of the page.
- Choose your student's name (or choose all users) from the 'Select all or one user' dropdown list at the right of the page.