2019 THINK AMBITIOUS branding deck
A collection of slides in the 2019 branding. Note: all information correct as of 13 September 2019. The file is marked as final to discourage editing.
Download the slide deck (27.2MB)
Everything below this line is in the old branding.
A selection of icons, charts, tables and graphics.
Download these to use in future presentations
Frequently used slides on the University of Bath and the School of Management that you can add to your presentations.
A selection of templates in the SoM and UoB branding that can be used to present a range of information.
When you open a new PowerPoint, the first thing you should do is change the theme of the presentation. There is a School of Management theme and a University of Bath theme to choose from.
Selecting a theme will format all slides in the presentation in our colour scheme, add a banner at the top and give access to slide layouts.
To change the theme:
- Download the SoM and UoB themes above and save locally
- Open a new presentation in PowerPoint
- Click the “Design” tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the drop down arrow.
- At the bottom of the drop down menu, select “browse for themes”.
- Navigate to the themes you saved earlier
- Select the theme you want to use.
This will apply the relevant template and colour scheme to the presentation.
If you are working on a presentation for another department, you should contact their marketing team to ask if they have their own colour scheme.
The asset deck contains a variety of tables, graphics, slide layouts, graphs and other useful templates which can be copied into other presentations to produce high-quality PowerPoint slides.
To use the deck:
- Open it in a separate window to the presentation you are working on.
- Select the asset you wish to use and copy it to clipboard.
- Paste the asset into your presentation.
- The colours should automatically convert to match your presentation. If they don’t, click on the clipboard icon that appears next to the asset immediately after it is pasted and select “use destination theme”.
If you want to use a whole slide from the asset deck, you can simply drag it from the asset deck to your presentation.
Be aware that any animations applied to the slide or asset will also be copied over. You may want to edit them to match the rest of your presentation.
Changing the colours on a shape or icon:
If you want to change the colour of a particular asset, you’ll need to go through the following steps:
- Right-click the asset you want to change.
- At the top of the drop-down section – select either “Fill” or “Outline”. You may need to try both to work out which one you need.
- A colour palette should appear, providing colours from the presentation theme.
- If you want more options, select “More fill colours” below the palette and a new window will appear.
The new PowerPoint theme has a range of pre-set slide layouts to choose from. To access a new layout, right-click on the slide you want to change in the left-hand panel. Go to “Layout” and a selection of approved layouts will appear. Select the one you want to use and the slide will automatically convert.
Do not use Google! Google images are protected by copyright and cannot be used in presentations without the owner’s permission.
We now have a nicely organised Photographs folder in the X drive. It contains a variety of photos of the campus, our students, staff, and the city.
Please also be aware that company logos are also protected by copyright. With the exception of our corporate partners, you will need to get written permission from the company before using their logo.
There are four animation types:
- Entrance (green)
- Emphasis (yellow)
- Exit (red)
- Motion paths
We recommend only using entrance or emphasis.
Most of the assets in the Asset Deck already include timed animations. If you prefer not to use animations, you can remove them:
- Select “animations” from the main tab at the top of the screen.
- Select “animation pane” and a sidebar should appear on the right. This lists all the animations applied to the current slide.
- Click on the animation(s) you want to remove and press “delete” on your keyboard or select “Remove” from the drop down.
- You can remove all animations using CTRL + A to select all and then delete.
To add a new animation:
- Select the text, image or asset that you want to animate.
- At the top of the screen you should see a different animations to choose from. If you want a larger selection, click the drop-down arrow to expand the list.
- Click on the animation you want to apply and PowerPoint will show you a preview. The animation pane will update to show the new animation.
- If you want to choose another animation, click a different one and it will overwrite the previous animation.
- Repeat this for any other images or assets that you want to animate.
Animations are automatically set to “start on click” which can cause problems when presenting. We recommend setting all animations to play automatically:
- Right click the first animation shown in the animation pane and select “start with previous”.
- Right click the next animation in the sequence and select either “start with previous” or “start after previous” depending on whether you want the second animation to play at the same time or immediately after the first animation.
- Repeat this until all animations either “start with previous” or “start after previous”.
If you want to speed-up or slow-down the animations, use delay and duration:
- Right click the animation you want to edit and select “Timing…”
- A window will appear. To edit the delay before the animation begins, type a number (to one decimal place) in the box next to where it says “delay:”
- To edit the duration of the animation, type a number (to one decimal place) in the box next to where it says “duration:”
You can also make the animation repeat and rewind, but generally these edits will reflect poorly in the presentation, so avoid using them.
Set animations to start automatically:
Delay and duration:
It is possible to add more than one animation to the same asset.
- Whilst the asset is selected, click “add animation” at the top of the screen.
- Select the animation you want to add and it will be added to the animation pane.
- Remember to preview your animations and adjust the timings to make sure the animations runs smoothly and complement each other.