GeckoChat is a 3rd party live chat system.
The University will be trialling GeckoChat as an additional contact method to the traditional email or phone options.
Talk to Graham Hackney in Marketing and Communications for access to the GeckoChat dashboard.
Each GeckoChat channel is a specific chat instance designed for a certain audience (Staff, students, undergraduates etc.) and a particular topic ('Postgraduate courses').
Customising GeckoChat channels
To get things looking as we'd like, we need to change a few things in the GeckoChat channel configuration options. There is currently no way to 'template' these customisations so that every new channel is styled in a similar manner.
Copies of the assets used in the Gecko customisations can be found in
lens/universal/images. Unfortunately GeckoChat does not provide an option to link to pre-existing assets in Lens. Each channel imports its own assets.
- Set the Widget Colour to #FC0C42 ($coral in the Lens colour palette)
- Upload the wordmark-only version of the UoB logo in Widget Header Logo
shim.pnginto Open Icon
icon-close-small.svginto Close Icon
- Add 'Enter your details to start chatting with us' into Chat Intro Message
- Set Unavailability Options to 'Show Unavailable Message'
- Set Unavailable Message to 'Sorry, we’re not available at the moment. Please email us or try again between 09:30 and 17:00 GMT.'