Please see Computing Services' blog post for more details
The University operates a Flexible working hours scheme which is used by Web Services. As a number of queries have been raised with regard to this please find some basic guidelines for its use below:
- The main University opening hours are between 9am - 5pm (flexible hours are between 8am - 6pm).
- All members of staff should be working within Core Hours (10-12, 2-4). Full details of which are set out on the scheme page.
- The remainder of the working day can (* generally) be made up using flexible hours. Flexibility allows staff to start later, leave earlier or take shorter/longer lunches to assist their individual circumstances.
- Staff can accrue up to 1 working days credit (which can be carried over into the next month).
Using the scheme within Web Services
- Staff who wish to work flexibly MUST complete a Flexi spreadsheet on a daily basis.
- Overtime outside of the flexible working hours should be discussed with the Line Manager.
- Extensive overtime should only be accrued with prior agreement from the Line Manager.
- Staff should be aware that whilst we are operating flexible working hours meetings will often be arranged between the main University hours (9am-5:15pm).
Recording your flexi
- You should record your flexi in the shared drive under > webdev > flexi > your name