As a member of a university digital team,
I want to collect data on students' experiences with the Uni and SU websites,
So that I can better understand how they see the two sites working together
We are particularly interested in:
- How participants compared universities before applying
- How participants researched different universities on and off line
- What pages on the specified sites participants visited and why
- Thoughts on how the pages had changed since participants last looked at them
- General feedback on usability, accessibility, functionality
We expect this to be primarily driven by the participants.
However, we will be looking to show them the following pages as conversation 'starters':
- The new course pages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/courses)
- The new Students' Union site (www.thesubath.co.uk)
We will be holding an informal focus group aiming for a maximum of 6 participants.
Matt is looking to source participants via a number of channels.
We are looking for current students at the University of Bath, studying any subject and any year.
45-minute focus group agenda
5 minutes – Background and introduction
- Introduce ourselves
- Explain what we’re going to do
- Ensure everyone is happy with recording etc.
- Get everyone to introduce themselves
15 minutes – Pre-offer experience
Focus on the main site and course pages.
- How did you research possible universities? (Find out whether they all used the web, print, phone, fax…)
- What kind of information were you looking for? What was important to you?
- How was your experience at this stage of your journey?
15 minutes – Post-offer, induction and the here and now
More focused on the SU.
- Has your experience of/with the website changed now you're studying at Bath?
- What information are you looking for now you are at Bath?
- How’s it all going? Any problems? Any success stories?
10 minutes – Wrap-up and any more questions
Space and time for follow up questions, any last-minute rants etc.