Please note that there is a group called "All others" which means 'the rest of the world'. This group has its permissions set to "Read" (to enable the site to be readable via the web), "Inherit on subfolders" and "Overwrite inherited" (so as to hide the site from other people logging into the CMS). Do not change these permissions under any circumstances.
- Right-click on the folder or page you want to give people access to
- Select Permissions from the drop-down menu
- In the add a user/group section, enter the username of the person, or shortname of the group, in the box, and click Add
- The user or group will now be added in a new section for you to set their permissions:
Check all the boxes next to the activities you want to allow them to do in your folder; click Set and then Close.
- Direct publish - allows them to publish pages onto the live website
- Read - allows them to read the contents of the resource, i.e. see the published version
- Write - allows them to edit and create pages in the folder
- Control - allows them to set permissions for other users
- View - allows them to see the resource listed in the CMS workspace for editing or viewing purposes
- Responsible - they get an email (post 8.30am, 12.30pm, 4.30pm) when someone changes a page that is not published
- Overwrite inherited - replaces existing permissions (must always be checked)
- Inherit on subfolders - if you want all subfolders of the folder to have the same set of permissions applied to them