Previously we have noticed some issues with editing pages in the CMS in Internet Explorer. So generally we recommend using Firefox.
Link colour and underlining
One is that if you copy and paste links from Internet explorer and paste them into the CMS editor in Internet explorer, it brings in unwanted underline and font tags, and mucks up the existing styles which are set in the CSS.
The only way to avoid this is to use "paste as plain text" and then add the links back in manually.
The other issue is that every time you load a page, you get a warning saying that it contains both secure and non-secure items. If you follow the tutorial at Planet Surf, you can get rid of these messages. But you need to permit mixed content on the intranet instead of the internet.
- Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options, click on the Security tab
- By default Internet is selected in the Select a zone window; change it to Local intranet
- Click on the Custom Level button
- A new window will pop-up and you¿ll have to scroll through those options (probably around the middle of the window) and hunt for an option called ¿Display mixed content¿ in the Miscellaneous section
- By default Prompt is selected, so change it from Prompt to Enable and click OK
- Restart Internet Explorer to ensure the settings have taken effect.