The set up
The app set up was very complicated because it has many parts managed by different teams here is the run-down of who manages what.
|App content||Mark Brosnan, Department of Psychology|
|App build||Deloitte Malta|
|Server||Josh Jackson, Digital Data & Technology Group|
|Domain||Digital Marketing & Communications, through IONOS|
|SSL||Digital Marketing & Communications, through IONOS|
|Redirect||Josh Jackson, Digital Data & Technology Group - the redirect is on the server as just the top level link redirects to a Typecase page|
|Typecase page||Faculty Web Team, Humanities & Social Sciences|
Renewing the SSL certificate
The certificate is renewed annually in July. A notification is sent to email@example.com from IONOS
- Log in to IONOS to Manage your SSL certificates
- Select the sofa-app.org certificate
- Download the private key
- 'Create and Download .PFX File using that key. Create a password when you do this- warning, you can save without a password but it won't work without one!
- 'Download .PFX file
- Send to Mark Brosnan for him to pass on to Deloitte - let him know the password separately using another channel.
- Pass the invoice to Gail using the project code detailed on application infrastructure details spreadsheet
The full instruction from IONOS for managing SSL on Windows servers.