Navigation element details
A link to the owning organisation landing page. This allows the user to step 'up' to a broader range of content within the same organisation.
- A clear link to the owning organisation landing page
- The link is positioned above the main page content inferring ownership
- A contrast colour line separates the link from the page content
- The link itself is prefixed with ‘From’ and uses default link styling
Content type label
A label that states the content type or sub-type of the viewed content item.
- The content type label has been relocated to the metadata section
- The prominence of the label has been lessened. It now no longer looks like a link
Some content types require further metadata. The metadata provides supporting info for the content item and is not critical to understanding the main page content.
The presentation of the metadata should reflect this.
- Start and end dates are now presented in 'natural English'
Filtered list link
A link to a filtered list of content items of the same type/sub-type and owned by the same organisation. This allows the user to view more content items thematically similar to the one they are currently looking at.
- Relocated the type and organisation link below the content type label. A user can now scan the title, summary and metadata before being offered a link away from the page
Testing and iteration
Improve the clarity of the page title and summary
Reduce ambiguity of navigation - Elements that look like links or buttons but are not
Combine page metadata into a single logical location
Provide a clear path to an owning organisation landing page
Provide clear access to similar content items from an owning organisation
|Initial design - 2015||Iterated version - 2016|
- Summary section discovery (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/114012007)
- Content type label and link (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/114683927)
- Title and summary paragraph (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/111979093)
- Organisation link (https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/114681841)