This project has its own space where more up-to-date information can be found.
The Content Management System project will provide an application with which all departments can easily create and maintain web content. The aim is to improve the overall quality of the University's websites in terms of content, visual appearance and access. The system will also provide a focus for exposing more advanced web based functions that are increasingly expected by prospective and current staff and students.
- CMS Working Party requirements document
- Potential candidate systems for a CMS
- Case for a Content Management System
- Schemas etc | Schemas Wiki (Trac)
- Proposal for structure of departmental websites within the CMS
- Proposal for structure of admin & support websites within the CMS
- Page structure in the CMS
Some older documents:
- Various documents about CMS: O:\webdev\content management\
- More details about the SchemaArchitecture
- Do we need to switch to using microformats for the CMS?
- Discussion about CMS (needs registration)
- BUCS web pages - a way forward (includes rationale for using semantic web principles)
- What is content management?