- Click on Add a category (at the bottom of the page).
- Click on Show advanced at the top right to display all category options
- Choose a Category name (this will be displayed to students in their individual grade reports so it would be advisable to include the weighting in the category name by way of explanation e.g. `Assignments – 75% of total`).
- Select the Aggregation method. Choosing Mean of grades will weight all items in the category equally.
- Decide whether or not to Aggregate only non-empty grades. The default in the Gradebook is for only completed, marked work to be included in the aggregation of the course total. Choosing not to do this means that any unmarked, unattempted assessments will be assigned a grade of zero and included in the aggregation of the final course total. The course total will gradually accumulate over the unit¿s unit's life.
- Save changes at the bottom of the page.