Inserting Person Finder information for an individual
- Click on the Person Finder icon
- This will launch the 'Set up Person Finder display' dialogue box:
- Search for the person you require - as you start typing their name, a list of possible matches will appear below the search box - select the one you require:
- specify what resource you want the person's name to link to:
- PersonFinder page
- PIP profilepersonal home pageor a
- profile page on your site, which must be located in /[department]/people/[initial(s)][surname].html, e.g. /oenology/people/jdbloggs.html
- select which contact details you want to display (name, role, phone, email)
- display details as a bulleted list, a table, a table row, or a normal paragraph
- restrict department lists by job title and by person type
- display a group (using the group short name, e.g. DEPT-ADMINS) that has been created in GroupManager.
- combine any of this information with details from PIP, or with included biographical information (for example, creating a short biography for each staff member and include it on multiple otherpages in your site; then it only needs to be updated once).
- display publications for person/people by ticking the "Publications" checkbox - see example (you need to log in to CMS first).
The old PersonFinder macro will still work in any existing pages that use it.