When the request comes in to support, the requestor needs to complete the request form bearing in mind the guidelines below.
As you may be aware we have a policy for the use and purchase of external domains. This is available on our website:
There are many advantages to hosting your site with the University. Find out more at https://wiki.bath.ac.uk/display/webservices/Website+hosting+guidance
If your request falls within these guidelines then please complete the form at httphttps://www.bath.ac.uk/webguides/pdf/nonurls-bathon-url-request.pdfthe-university-website/ and return it to email@example.com so that your request can be considered by the Digital Steering Group (DSG).
Digital Marketing and Communications
- How long is the domain needed?
- What type of content will it host and how will it be managed? Does software need to be installed to manage the site?
- Any CGI/scripting (eg PHP) or Application servers needed?
- Supporting facilities - Databases, email lists
- Is an upload faciility facility required?
- Who will own the files (editors etc)?
- Who is responsible for the content? Contact email address?
- Is a secure certificate required? This will probably incur an annual cost
- Are there any access restrictions required? (eg to comply with Data Protection and FOI)
- Security - you agree to keep your own content updated in line with security patches where necessary
- Methods of access - will be an NFS share, but is CIFS access required?
- What logging of web access requests do you want and how long do you want to keep it for?
- What is the name of the vhost in question (plus any aliases)?