- Go to RT home page
- Using the drop down menu in the top right of the page, select "web-frontline"
- Click on "new ticket in" button
- Enter the requestors details and look them up (only one field normally needs to be completed)
- Click on create ticket
- Add a subject and useful description
- Click on create
- You can then reply to and deal with the ticket as normal
Using RT by e-mail
You can set up RT with your e-mail client. This makes it easier for searching.
To set it up in Thunderbird:
- Click on "File" then "Subscribe"
- In the window that comes up expand "user" and "cc-shared"
- Tick "support-web" and click "Subscribe"
- Click OK
The ticket list will be imported into Thunderbird which may take a while. It will then be displayed in your list of mail folders.
Redirecting emails into RT