The Wiki will be unavailable from 7am until 9am on Tuesday, 28 November, 2017, due to server and database patching.
- Avoid including files in source control that are specific to your development machine or process
- Delete local and remote feature branches after merging and acceptancethe feature has been deployed to production
- Perform work in a feature branch
- Use sentence case for commit messages and make them concise but usefully descriptive
- Rebase frequently to incorporate upstream changes
- Use a pull request for code reviews (thoughtbot's code review guidelines are good).
And another thing
Tom has some notes on how to use git on his personal space. Use at own risk!