- Ask a dev to:
grep the filesystem for each of your terms (this will take hours and should be done overnight). For example:
Code Block theme RDark language bash
# on www0 cd /www/vhosts/bath/ ggrep -ri 'rdso' * > /tmp/output1.txt ggrep -ri 'research development support' * > /tmp/output2.txt
- There should be something we can do automatically here to make the output less awful, but it would need some requirements
- Collect the output files and send them to you
- Get a few great big .txt files.
- Create a new Excel file, or a new tab in your existing spreadsheet.
- On the Data tab, select "From Text" and then your .txt file.
- Import the file as a spreadsheet, using : as the separating character to divide the cells.
- Tidy up your spreadsheet.
- Search for URLs containing "old", "test" or "webarchive" and remove those rows.
- The W: drive audit will include every instance of the term, not just every page, so you may want to delete duplicates of pages.
- Add additional columns for:
- Who is responsible for the page
- Action taken.