Date: Wednesday 27 October 2010
Time: 2.00pm - 3.30pm
Venue: 1WN 3.10
About this course
Since the beginning of the 2008/2009 academic year, the e-Learning team have been supporting a TurningPoint-based Audience Response System (ARS), which now totals 400 clickers, available in bags of 40 or 80 handsets.
Facilitating the process, the TurningPoint 2008 software works within Microsoft PowerPoint [2003, 2007 and 2010 versions] and is available on a range of PCs across the university campus, and for installation on personal devices.
Given extensive use of the ARS over the last couple of years, the e-Learning team are now hosting a TurningPoint 2008 Masterclass.
For both new and experienced users of the system, colleagues will be encouraged to focus and reflect on their own practice with using the ARS, before examining case studies of use and published research based both the University of Bath and further afield.
Later on - Paul Jenner, a TurningPoint Account Manager at Reivo Ltd. and an experienced user and trainer of TurningPoint 2008 software, will guide participants through the more advanced features. This with the aim of allowing current practitioners to get more out of existing software by answering the following (and more!) questions:
- How can I use the "Fill In The Blank", "Numeric Response", "Priority Ranking" and "Demographic Comparison" slides within my presentations?
- How do I convert existing questions PowerPoint presentation into TurningPoint slides? I've got a list of question within Word documents - can these be imported too?
- How can I get Moodle Quiz questions that I've already got quickly and easily imported for use with TurningPoint?
- Can students register their handsets within the lecture theatre, and in real time?
- What I can do with session data, and how does Turning Reports software work?
In what promises to be an interactive and rewarding session, participants will learn how (and why!) to go beyond the traditional generic slides to give their teaching an even greater impact.
To sign up to the seminar, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details on your name and department.
- Presentation Slides: http://www.slideshare.net/nrparmar/turningpoint-2008-masterclass-5641130
- Classroom Technologies blog: http://blogs.bath.ac.uk/classroomtechnologies/
- Learning Technologies FAQ database: http://www.bath.ac.uk/learningandteaching/ltfaq/
- TurningPoint 2008 Tutorials: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/responsesystemsupport/producttraining/onlinetutorials/turningpointforpctutorials/
- TurningPoint UK: http://www.turningtechnologies.co.uk