Session: 23rd February, 2010
Facilitators: Andy Ramsden
Presentational Slides: http://www.bath.ac.uk/lmf/download/41706
- Learning design sequence: http://www.learningdesigns.uow.edu.au/project/doc/Construct%20an%20LD%20Sequence.pdf
- University of Bath's Yammer Service: http://www.bath.ac.uk/bucs/tools/wikisandblogs/YammerHowTo.html
- Using Microblogging (Twitter) in your teaching and learning: e-learning Working Papers (http://opus.bath.ac.uk/15319/)
Activity 1: capturing current practice
- What and how do students currently share ideas, links, resources and work with you, other staff and peers?
- What would you like your students to share and why?
Activity 2: Create and use a Twitter account
Activity 3: Design your Twitter e-learning activity
- Overview of the learning design sequence
- Work up your ideas into a learning design sequence
Activity 4: What would stop you introduce this tomorrow?
- Role Play - Put yourself in the position of the student, what would be the disadvantages of your lecturer using these technologies in their teaching?
Activity 5: Is Yammer for you?
- Review University of Bath's Yammer Service to see if this offers you an alternative to Twitter
- e-learning email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- e-learning Team @ Uni of Bath web site: http://www.bath.ac.uk/learningandteaching/themes/e-learning/
- e-Learning Events & Workshops: http://www.bath.ac.uk/learningandteaching/events-workshops/?dept=elearning