Sometimes it is useful for a tutor to lock out content temporarily and then unlock it at a later date.
To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Login to the Panopto Focus site using your BUCS credentials - select either moodle or campus.bath.ac.uk. If your recording(s) is/are associated with a Moodle course, the moodle option should be selected.
- Click on the View Sessions button.
- In the next window, navigate to the session that you wish to unlock, either by using the search dialog box at to the top of the page, or by selecting the folder on the left hand side under My Folders.
- Select the Settings icon (cogwheel) next to the session that you wish to amend.
- In the window that appears, select the Share tab.
To restrict the particular session to content creators and/or additional select members of staff
- In the dialog that appears below, untick the box marked Inherit folder viewer list. This will disable all the students that belong to the folder to view the content. Session creators (teachers) are still able to view and amend content.
- Below this in the Add People section, you can enter any additional usernames for the users that you wish to allow to view this content.
- Enter the username in the enter names of Email addresses box and wait for the options to appear - for a moodle course, select the option "moodle\(username)"
- Untick the box Send Email notification and then click Share.
- Repeat this process for any additional users.
To re-enable content viewing to just the folder group
- Tick the box marked Inherit folder viewer list - this will enable all the students that belong to the folder to view the content.
- To remove the selected additional users, click the "x" link that is show next to the usernames you added previously.
To make the specific session open (public)
- Click the option marked Make Public - should you wish to revert this, click Make Private.